Wednesday Dinner
You know how it is: you got that bag of Trader Joe's ready-made pizza dough about to go bad, so you use it to make a calzone with the leftover cilantro-garlic salmon and some pineapple and red bell pepper. You have a few beers and watch bootleg Canadian TV while you eat, and you get the hankering for guacamole. Sure, the avocados are ripe enough, but you splash in too much lime juice and not enough salt, and you end up eating it with the breadsticks you made from the excess pizza dough because you didn't have any of those baked pita chips that have been such a revelation as a replacement for tortilla chips, and it hits you: pause the damned DVD and start a blog.
And here we are.
(Gotta get to the next episode before Fraulein M gets home!)
(And I go back to fix one frickin' typo and delete the whole post. Not that it was hard to reconstruct. Back to the TV, eh?)
UPDATE: I made guac again on Thursday, and this time the lime juice and salt were perfectly balanced (a fine accompaniment to black-bean burritos with sauteed bell peppers and grated Madrigal cheese). Plus, the Fraulein got some baked pita chips for dippage--how I love that woman!
And here we are.
(Gotta get to the next episode before Fraulein M gets home!)
(And I go back to fix one frickin' typo and delete the whole post. Not that it was hard to reconstruct. Back to the TV, eh?)
UPDATE: I made guac again on Thursday, and this time the lime juice and salt were perfectly balanced (a fine accompaniment to black-bean burritos with sauteed bell peppers and grated Madrigal cheese). Plus, the Fraulein got some baked pita chips for dippage--how I love that woman!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home